REGISTER NOW! Complex Presentations in the Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (Friday, March 16th, 2018) – 3 CE’s
OCD: Faith & Scrupulosity – Part 1
OCD: Co-Morbidities & Complexities – Part 2
OCD Hands on Workshop – Part 3
OCD Central and South Florida (OCDCSFL; An Affiliate of the International OCD Foundation) and Florida Psychological Association (FPA) – Palm Chapter are collaborating to present a workshop for 3 CE’s that is FREE to FPA Members and IOCDF (International OCD Foundation) Members!
Connie L. Ingram, Ph.D., LMHC
Jonathan Hoffman, Ph.D., ABPP
Katia Moritz, Ph.D., ABPP
Date & Time:
Friday, March 16, 2018
Free continental breakfast will be provided!
Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County
2300 High Ridge Rd. (Room Andresen)
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
Workshop Learning Objectives:
OCD: Faith & Scrupulosity
- Participants will learn to differentiate between scrupulosity and its impact on the OC sufferer and appropriate faith belief.
- Participants will be able to explain how the use of faith-based interventions in concert with CBT can dispel OC thoughts and actions.
- Participants will learn to apply faith initiatives (for faith-based clients) especially with clients with “poor insight” who do not recognize that the obsessions and compulsions are excessive or unreasonable
- Participants will be able to utilize faith initiatives that support the family member(s) of the OC sufferer.
OCD: Co-Morbidities and Complexities
- Participants will be able to demonstrate awareness of the typical co-morbidities which occur in OCD.
- Attendees will understand how to utilize best practices and evidence-supported treatments (ESTs) in diagnosing and treating Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) presenting with co-morbid conditions.
- Attendees will be able to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of the intricacies of case formulation and other typical complexities of OCD presenting with co-morbid conditions.
Cost: FREE for FPA Members; FREE TO IOCDF Members, $30 for Non-Members
Register Online at http://www.flapsych.com (Community Events).
Please register by March 1st , 2018 to secure your registration.
Registration fee will be waived for non-members who mail in an FPA membership application with their registration form. Full refund is available with notice of cancellation 48 hours prior to the event.
There is no registration at the door.
To learn more about OCD of Central and South Florida (OCDCSFL), please check out www.ocdcsfl.org
The Florida Psychological Association maintains responsibility for the program and its content. The Florida Psychological Association is approved by the Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling as a provider of continuing education.